Usually i use what shampoos and conditioners are on offer, but these past few months i have really got into finding a good shampoo and conditioner. When my hair was dark i got it into a really good conditon but once i put highlights in it, it started to become dry again. Ive always been told by hairdressers and other people if you use the same shampoo and conditioner constantly your hair will become used to it and it just wont work so i try to change mine about. These are the few i have tried out recently;
Glad Your Hair Mini Day Shampoo & Conditioner
All my friends and family know how much i love all Soap & Glory products, so for christmas i got so much soap and glory products. One of my friends brought me a new bag and inside was all mini Soap & Glory products and this was one of them. As there only 50ml i used them in about 2/3 washes, but i am definatly going to repurchase. I think there about £5.50 each for the normal size bottle which i dont thinks too pricy for a shampoo and conditioner especially if its a good one. They made my hair feel so soft and it was at all knotty once i had used them. The main thing was the smell it smells amazing! i love the Soap & Glory smell! This smells just like it and it lasts on your hair, even two days after i had washed it i could still smell the smell of the shampoo and conditioner which i never find with any other brands! i would definatly recommend this product to anybody who enjoys using Soap & Glory products.
Dove Shampoo & Conditioner

This is also another shampoo and conditioner I got for christmas as part of my christmas stocking, I have used quite a few of this range from Dove. As I find the price really reasonable as they do this in my local pound shop so it is something i usually pick up when i am in there. I have read some very good reviews on this range from Dove. Even though these are both different yet from the same range they work very well together I find the shampoo is more of a basic shampoo but i feel the conditioner really does work. It says it is an intensive repair conditioner, when i use this conditioner i do notice a difference in my hair my hair never feels as damaged, dry or split as it does with other conditioners. When using the shampoo with other conditoners it never really shows much difference. The conditioner i always repurchase and i feel it works well with this shampoo as they both have the same Dove smell. Ive never been a lover of the smell of dove and it doesn't last as long as the Soap and Glory scent but it still leaves my hair smelling nice and i feel the conditoner really does leave my hair in a good condition.
Charles Worthington Front Row Colour Stressed Shampoo

I had never heard of anyone raving about this shampoo before but when I saw it on offer one day I thought id pick it up, as i have perviously used this brands dry shampoo and it was the best dry shampoo i had used. This shampoo is specially for coloured hair which is perfect for me as my hair is very if anything over coloured from the past few years of really over colouring my hair and i am finally trying to get it into a good condition. I know this shampoo had maringa seed oil in it which is know to clean and refresh coloured hair, which i thought would be a perfect shampoo for me. I havent finished using this shampoo yet so i am still not 100% sure what i think of it. So far i am really enjoying using it and it leaves my hair feeling really clean and healthy which is exactly what i look for in a good shampoo. It hasn't got a brilliant scent to it, it smells like most charles worthington products from this range i feel. Its very hard to describe what scent it is. If your looking for a shampoo that leaves your hair feeling really healthy and in good condition i would recommend this. I am hoping to try out the condition with it too soon.
Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Treatment & Aussie Aussome Volume Conditioner

I am always looking for a good deep treatment for my hair I like to deep treat my hair once a week usually a sunday as its my relaxing day! I saw this in boots and I have previously used Aussie's deep treatments and I am usually really pleased with the results. I can't really say too much about this treatment, I never really noticed a big difference from using it and I dont think i would repurchase it. Yes, it smelt nice and made my hair easier to brush after washing it but never really noticed anything that different about the condition of my hair or the way it felt. I tried leaving it on for alot longer than the 3 minutes but still no difference. I came accross this conditoner in a store that was closing down and it was only £1.50 when in boots its £5.99! I thought i had to pick it up while i was there as it was a bargain! Even if i didn't find it that good i thought it was worth a try. I haven't finished using this conditioner yet, but i so far i love it! It has really made such a difference to my hair it says its designed especially for fine, limp hair which definatly describes my hair! I hate how fine my hair is and im always looking for a good product to put more volume into it and i have found it! The other thing i love about this conditioner is the scent! The smell is amazing, i find myself sitting there smelling my hair as it smells soo nice! I would reccommend anybody who has fine hair to give this a try as its working so good for me!
If you have any good hair products to recommend id love to know about them as im always looking to try new hair products!
Jess x x
great post, i'm glad to see someone else changes up their shampoo as often as me.... I'm brand new to this blogging so any tips will be welcome, took me an entire day to work out the background, then i see your and I'm super jealous
ReplyDeletewould love if you checked out my blog, I have only added an intro so far :)
http://beyondthemusikbox.blogspot.co.uk/
Yeah its definatly better to change your shampoo i think! & aw i havent been doing it that long either, if you have any questions feel free to ask :) xx
Deletehi I nominated you for the liebster award, find details about what you do next here http://beyondthemusikbox.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/liebster-award.html
ReplyDeletepee ess love your blogs