Sunday, 26 August 2012

Nail varnish review

I thought I'd start my first few blogs with reviews to get back into the swing of things! Lately I seem to find myself buying new nail varnish's and I am going to do a review on four nail varnish's that I have brought recently and what I think of them.


       
        1. Rimmel 60 Seconds 500 Caramel Cupcake
I brought this nail varnish from boots and it was £3.69. I don't have many neutral coloured nail varnish's, I seem to mostly buy bright colours and I thought I'd go for something different and go for a more neutral colour. I think it is a really lovely colour and it looks really nice on and it will go with most outfits. The only down side is where it is a neutral colour, it takes a lot of coats before you start to build up a really nice colour. I really like the brush of these nail varnish's as it is more squared than normal brushes and it applies really well. If somebody is looking for a neutral caramel colour nail varnish I would defiantly recommend this one.
This is what it looks like on a nail, but to be honest this picture doesn't do it justice it looks alot better.
 
 
    
     2.Rimmel I <3 Lasting Finish 025 Strawberry Fizz
This nail varnish is also from boots and it cost me £2.99. I have a lot of different pink nail varnishes and this was just one I saw and decided to pick up, most of my pink nail varnishes are either a lot darker or alot brighter than this one so I thought id go for a more paler option even though this still isn't very pale. I really like Rimmel nail varnishes as I find they don't chip as quick as other brands and they seem to last alot longer. I think this nail varnish is a very every day summer nail varnish as it lasts a long time and isn't too much of a bright colour to wear everyday. Another good thing about this nail varnish is that when it drys it smells like strawberries and it lasts for ages!
This is what is looks like on a nail, but in this picture it looks a little brighter than it is.
 
 
      3. All About Nails 101 Blueberry Pie
I brought this nail varnish from tesco and I think it was around £1.00 which I think is really good for a nail varnish. Also I didn't expect it to be that good as it was really cheap, but I have been really surprised. It is defiantly a really good quality nail varnish, also it is quite thick you only need one coat to get a really good coat and colour and it doesn't chip quickly with one coat either. The only thing I have found with this nail varnish is that where it is quite a darkish blue I have found it hard for it to go with things or where to wear it for. I usually wear it during the week for work as I wear dark colours for work. It is defiantly a good nail varnish though and I will be buying more colours from this range as I really like them and I think there a great price.
 
 
     4.L.A. Colours Colour Craze Splash
I brought this nail varnish from beauty base and it cost me a £1.00 which I think is amazing for a nail varnish. Also as it is a big bottle and you get alot in it i think it is such a good price! I have always liked the L.A. colours range and I have many nail varnish's from this range as I think there great quality and such a great price. Also this range has hardeners in them, which it is great for your nails helps them to remain strong and grow quicker. It is a lovely colour blue and looks really summery even though I find it hard to find things to go with this colour I still enjoy wearing it as it looks great on. Even though this nail varnish is quite thin and you have to do quite a lot of coats it is still really good quality and is a great nail varnish.
 
I love all of these four nail varnishes for different reasons, I would defiantly recommend all of these nail varnishes!
If anyone has any questions about any of these nail varnishes feel free to ask me :) & if anyone has any good nail varnishes they reccommend let me know as I am always buying new nail varnishes and I love finding new ones which are great quality!
Jess
xxx
 


2 comments:

  1. Caramel cupcake looks so cute! Lovely blog, I've just followed you.

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yeah it is a lovely nuetral colour :)
      & Thanks, ill take a look at your blog now and follow back x

      Delete