Tuesday, 3 April 2012

A couple of lipstick reviews!

This post is a review of four lipsticks that I have tried in the past which are all made by different companies. They are made by, ELF, Benefit, Collection 2000 & Avon.


ELF Lipstick



 This is a ELF Lipstick in the Colour Seductive, it was from the normal ELF range and was £1.50, on the website i only chose this colour because all the other colours I wanted was out of stock but now I am really glad I chose this colour. The picture of it on my lips doesn't do it no justice, I took about 4 pictures and none of them looked how it does face to face, its such a lovely reddish colour. I would definatly try out more liptsicks from the ELF range especially as their only £1.50. With most lipsticks I try I hate the fact that after about an hour it has all come off but this lipstick suprised me and lasted alot longer than I expected. I would definatley recommend these lipsticks to others, Im going to get some more!


Benefit Lipstick






This is a Benefit Lipstick in the colour Flirt Alert, ive had this lipstick for ages and I can't remember how much I paid for it. I think it was around £15.00 but I can't really remember. I went through a stage of loving bright red lipstick but I don't as much anymore. I haven't used much of this lipstick and to be honest Im not a big fan of it. Its a very greasy lipstick and I prefer a creamy sort of lipstick or one that is slightly sheer. Even though I don't like it that much I do still use it because it lasts a long time and it is very bright, if you are somebody who likes a really bright red then it could be the right lipstick for you, but I just don't feel like its for me but I can't really explain why. I personally wouldn't recommend this lipstick to anybody because I feel like that you could get a much better red lipstick from a drugstore at high street price.



Collection 2000 Lipstick

This is a Collection 200 lipstick in the colour Bubblegum, as you can see its a very barbie bright pink colour lipstick. I brought this about 3 months ago in superdrug for £2.99, i really like the colour but Im not a big fan of the actual lipstick. It doesn't do nothing for my lips and it sometimes looks like ive put paint on my lips, thats the best way to explain it. After a while it begins to go patchy and parts of it begin to wear off but some parts stay on its very strange. Im not a lover of this lipstick but I do really like the colour, so I would definatly look at different brands for this colour. If anybody has this colour lipstick in a different brand let me know please because I want to find one.

Avon Lipstick

 This is a lipstick from Avon in the colour Pink Sapphire, the actual colour of the lipstick is a very dark glittery pink. Which is very different to what it comes out on my lips, its more like a lipgloss than a lipstick. This colour is a bit too glittery for me personally but I do like the actual lipstick, I would buy one in a different colour but the only problem is they come out so different on my lips compared to the colour on the packaging so I wouldn't know what colour to pick. Even though Im not keen on the colour of this lipstick I do still use it. As its very sutle so I normally wear it for work, but I would recommend these lipsticks as they are good lipsticks.

Ive got a few more lipsticks that I am going to review but I thought I wouldn't do them all at once because it would be boring. I love trying out new lipsticks and new colours, if anybody has any good lipsticks they recommend let me know I would love to try them :)

Jess x x














3 comments:

  1. all those lipsticks look beautiful on you and you really soot that red one





    http://makeupbyelysa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pink is amazing..i need to get some pink lipstick

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete