Monday, 17 March 2014

Empties

 I decided a couple of weeks ago to start collecting my empties to do a post instead of throwing them away and when I was sorting out all my products I didn't realise how many empties were still in my drawers.

I've decided I am going to start doing an empties post more regularly. As otherwise they just build up & up until I end up with a big pile like this. You don't realise how many products you through till you do a post like this. I am going to split it into three sections so that its not too long.

Make-up Products

Urban Decay All Nighter
I needed a setting spray for a while as I always find that my make up just seems to slide off my face. For my birthday my Nan brought me a Urban Decay make up set, this was one of the products. It is the 15ml bottle, the full size bottle is £19.50, you can find it here. I really find that this setting spray works and it does exactly what it says on the bottle. I will definitely repurchase the full size bottle. I usually use this when I am going on a night out just a few sprays over my face after I have put my make up on and it doesn't feel sticky it drys really quickly and it lasts all night.

Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara
This mascara also came in the Urban Decay make up set. I was really excited to try this product as I am always looking for new mascaras as I don't yet have one favourite mascara that I always repurchase. This is a really good mascara, I wouldn't say it curls my eyelashes though so it doesn't really live up to the name. It has a curved plastic brush which are my favourite type brushes and I do really like this mascara but I am not sure weather I would repurchase it. The full size is £15.00, you can find it here.

GOSH GROWTH Mascara The Secret Of Longer Lashes
I picked this mascara up in Superdrug a while ago for around £8.00, you can find it here. I hadn't heard of this mascara before it was just a random buy, but I am really pleased with it. It is now one of my favourite mascaras and I will definitely repurchase this. I normally find with mascaras that say they make your lashes look longer that they never normally do but I was really surprised by this one because it really does. The brush on this is plastic which I like because then the brush doesn't go all horrible and thin. I would definitely recommend this to anybody who hasn't tried it before.

Benefit They're Real Mascara
I got this benefit mascara in a benefit make up set I got for christmas, I have wrote a blog post about it here. I was so pleased to get this mascara as I had wanted to try it for ages as I had heard so many good things about it, I wasn't disappointed! The brush is a plastic brush which is my favourite type of brush and it actually made my eyelashes seem longer and gave them more volume. It didn't go clumpy or flaky and I found that my mascara stayed perfect looking all day. The full size mascara is £19.50 you can get it in boots, debenhams etc or the benefit website here. Normally I could never justify paying that much for a mascara but I definitely will as I will repurchase this mascara.

Dr Jart Water Fuse Beauty Balm
This Dr Jart Beauty Balm came in a glossybox one month that I received and I was excited to try this. I don't really have much to say about this product I am still not 100% sure about it, I seem to go backward and forward to it. I have never really been a lover of bb creams but I did quite like using this it made my makeup go on alot smoother and helped it stay on a lot longer. The only thing I found when using this I still needed to wear foundation but when wearing foundation it made my make up look too heavy for a day to day look, I have used this quite a few times for a night out. The full size product is £18.00, you can find it here. I can't really compare this to other bb creams as I haven't tried many.

L'Oreal Paris Lumi Magique Foundation
I picked up this foundation in boots a while ago, I just felt like trying something different and I picked this one up. I always seem to have problems with foundations finding one that doesn't slide off my face and actually is long lasting always seems to be a problem for me. So far this is probably the best foundation I have found. It really works well with my skin, it doesn't make my make up go patchy and is very lasting. I find it gives a very full coverage which I like with a foundation and it gives a flawless finish and leaves my skin glowing. This foundation is £10.99, you can find it here.

Bare Minerals Mineral Veil Finishing Powder
I have had this finishing powder for years now when I first started wearing face make up I started noticing my make up never stayed on my face for very long. When my mum was in my local beauty salon they recommended this and it something I used to use when I was younger and then I stopped using it. When I went back to using it not long ago I wasn't too sure about it, I find it does help my make up to stay on my face longer but it leaves a white powdery look to my face. I couldn't remember how much I paid for this but I looked it up and its £20.00, you can find it here. I don't think I would repurchase this anytime soon as I don't really like the finish it gives.

Hair Products

Charles Worthington Front Row Colour Stressed Shampoo
I had this shampoo for ages and I had never got round to using it so I thought I'd better try it out. I normally really like Charles Worthington products but I was so disappointed with this product. I felt like it did nothing for my hair, it dried my hair out and made it really pretty rubbish really. I can't remember how much this product was I think I may have got it in a set with other products and it is no longer available on the boots website.

Dove Colour Radiance Shampoo
This is a shampoo I have repurchased a few times, it is a shampoo I find myself repurchasing again and again. I really like Dove's range of shampoos as I find they leave my hair feeling soft and in good condition and I feel like it is actually doing good to my hair. They are not expensive either depending where you purchase it the price can vary I pay £2.69 for this in Boots, you can find it here. This shampoo has that same Dove smell that all Dove products have, I would recommend the Dove shampoo & conditioner range.

Creightons Blonde Extra Moisturising Shampoo & Intensive Care Conditioner
This is another shampoo & conditioner that I have had for ages. I never really think much of products especially for blonde hair etc, but this was in savers for around £1.00 so I thought i'd give it a try. I wouldn't recommend either of these products personally I didn't find the shampoo very moisturising I found it left my hair dry and pretty tangled (maybe its just my hair though). Also the conditioner I didn't really think it did much for my hair at all. I have got another bottle of these products though as someone gave them to me, I've kept them and maybe would use them on odd occasions but I wouldn't repurchase them.

Girlz Only Dry Shampoo For Blonde Hair
Dry shampoo is something I reach for near enough daily, as I have really oily hair and I am always paranoid my hair looks greasy. I like to try out different dry shampoos to see what ones work best for my hair, I spotted this one in Tesco's a while ago for around £2.00, you can find it here. I found it worked quite well for my hair, it doesn't leave that white dusty look in my hair but my hair is blonde so I don't really get that powdery effect it may be different for people with darker hair. It doesn't smell as nice as the Batiste dry shampoo but I would repurchase this product.

Tony & Guy Protein Protection Mist
I must of had this heat protector about 2 years! I was brought it in a set one Christmas, I rarely used it at first and it was just sat in my drawer. When I was getting my hair from dark brown back to blonde I was regularly having highlights put it my hair which wasn't great for my hair. I used this after each wash and I really felt like it made a difference this spray really helps to put the goodness back in your hair. I felt as if my hair was in really good condition when it shouldn't be. I've used this spray ever since along with other sprays as I like to change now and again. I really would repurchase this but unfortunately they don't stock it in boots no longer :( I am going to have a look online and see if I can pick it up somewhere else.

TRESemme Heat Defence Styling Spray
I picked up this heat protecting styling spray quite a while ago in Boots for £5.25, you can find it here. I really like this heat protector as I feel like it is actually working and it also leaves my hair with a good finish, I find it leaves my hair smoother and not as frizzy. Also this bottle has lasted me a long time, it is really long lasting and I use it nearly every time I wash my hair. It isn't a sticky texture and it doesn't leave my hair looking greasy at all. I would recommend this heat protector to anybody who is looking for one.

Other Products

Right Guard Women Xtreme Dry Deodorant
I don't really have a deodorant that I repurchase all the time, I seem to just go for one that looks nice and is on offer at the time. This is just one I think I picked up in a supermarket as it was on offer I can't really remember how much it was. I don't think I would repurchase this again the only reason being is I don't really like the smell of it and obviously that is a pretty important factor when choosing a deodorant.

Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula Massage Lotion for Stretch Marks
Unfortunately I am one of them people that have that sort of skin that gets stretch marks quite easily. I wrote a blog post about stretch marks last year, you can look at it here. My weight has never really drastically changed I just over time noticed that stretch marks started to appear on my stomach, and it is something I am really paranoid about. I found this cream on offer in Boots for £2.49 one day which is over half price! I love cocoa butter and I love the smell of it so I was pretty pleased. I use this cream every morning and night and I have definitely noticed a difference in my stretch marks.

Soap & Glory Pulp Friction Foamy Fruity Body Scrub
I loveeee Soap & Glory products, I have tried so many different products from their range and I have no faults about any of them. This is one of their exfoliating body scrubs, I love this it leaves my skin feeling so soft! Also it isn't a harsh exfoliater and it doesn't feel too harsh on your skin. It has that famous Soap & Glory scent to it which I absolutely love! This product is £8.00 in Boots, you can find it here. I will be repurchasing this product and I would 100% recommend it.

Jennifer Lopez Live Perfume
I got brought this perfume for my birthday last year by one of my friends, I am really easy to buy perfume for I pretty much like most smells. I really liked this perfume it has a very very sweet smell to it. If your not a lover of sweet perfumes I wouldn't recommend this for you. It is £19.99 for a 100ml bottle which I think is really cheap for a perfume, you can find it here.

Natural Collection Nail Polish
I picked up this nail polish last summer, it is a pink glittery colour and I love it! Even though it doesn't look empty it really is. The only problem with this I have picked off the label which says what the colour is and I can't find it on the boots website :(. Which is a shame as I love this nail polish and I really want to repurchase this as its a gorgeous colour and it is really long lasting.

That is all my empties I had, next time I wont leave it so long when saving them so hopefully the post wont be as long next time!

Let me know if you have tried any of these products & what you think of them!
 


8 comments:

  1. urban decay all nighter is one of my go to favorites for sure ! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah its such a good setting spray, definitely does what it says! x x

      Delete
  2. Hi! I have nominated you for the Liebster Award xxx Like Literally Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thankyou, I have already done the Liebster Award though, but I'll have a look at yours x x

      Delete
  3. This is such a good idea, i'm definitely going to give this a try! I love your blog :)
    Sarah xx

    www.coloursofautumn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks, yeah you should! I love reading empties posts x x

      Delete
  4. I love empties posts! It's great to have a full opinion on products that have been used from start to finish. I've been tempted to buy the Creightons Blonde shampoo and conditioner for a while now as they're so inexpensive. I always look for moisturizing haircare products as my hair is so dry so I'm not sure these would work for my hair type either. I might have to give them a miss! xx

    The Miss Beauty Saver Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah same, I think its really good to see what other people enjoy using it always gives me good ideas! Yeah they are really inexpensive and I though they would be really good but unfortunately for my hair they wasn't any good. x x

      Delete